Universal scoops Dairy Crest media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Dairy Crest, the milk products company, has appointed Universal McCann to handle its £10 million UK media planning and buying account.
The Interpublic-owned agency fought off competition from the incumbent, John Ayling & Associates, and PHD, in a pitch led by the Dairy Crest marketing director, Paul Fraser.
Universal McCann will now handle media duties across Dairy Crest brands including Clover, Country Life, Frijj shakes, St Ivel, Vitalite and Utterly Butterly.
John Ayling has held the business for the past seven years and planned and bought media for Dairy Crest that has historically been dominated by TV spend.
Recent advertising activity, through the creative agency Grey London, has included the John Lydon-fronted Country Life butter campaign, which Dairy Crest credited with improving sales of the brand by 85 per cent during the third quarter of its last financial year.
Dairy Crest’s Utterly Butterly brand recently signed its first TV sponsorship deal, to back the ITV1 series of Do The Funniest Things shows.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER / SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER Royds Raphael £35K-£45K pa / £150 - £200 day rate., London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K, London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London