Universal scoops Dairy Crest media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Dairy Crest, the milk products company, has appointed Universal McCann to handle its £10 million UK media planning and buying account.
The Interpublic-owned agency fought off competition from the incumbent, John Ayling & Associates, and PHD, in a pitch led by the Dairy Crest marketing director, Paul Fraser.
Universal McCann will now handle media duties across Dairy Crest brands including Clover, Country Life, Frijj shakes, St Ivel, Vitalite and Utterly Butterly.
John Ayling has held the business for the past seven years and planned and bought media for Dairy Crest that has historically been dominated by TV spend.
Recent advertising activity, through the creative agency Grey London, has included the John Lydon-fronted Country Life butter campaign, which Dairy Crest credited with improving sales of the brand by 85 per cent during the third quarter of its last financial year.
Dairy Crest’s Utterly Butterly brand recently signed its first TV sponsorship deal, to back the ITV1 series of Do The Funniest Things shows.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Business Development - Creative Agency Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Account Manager The Beautiful Meme £25k to £30k, East London
- Group Head - Global Internet Giant Ultimate Asset £55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus and incredible benefits , London