Samsung renews shirt sponsorship deal with Chelsea FC
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 July 2009 02:50PM
LONDON - Chelsea Football Club has announced that Korean electronics giant Samsung has renewed its shirt sponsorship.
The three-year deal commences following the completion of the 2009/10 football season. The new Sponsorship package gives Samsung additional rights.
The deal was unveiled by the club and its principal partner today at Chelsea FC's training base in Cobham.
Samsung has been a sponsor of the premiership club since 2005 when it agreed a deal worth an estimated £55m over five years.
Chelsea FC CEO Peter Kenyon decline to comment on the financial investment but said the deal would mutually benefit both club and sponsor.
Last month premiership rival Manchester United also signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with US finance brand Aon.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films