Samsung renews shirt sponsorship deal with Chelsea FC
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 July 2009 02:50PM
LONDON - Chelsea Football Club has announced that Korean electronics giant Samsung has renewed its shirt sponsorship.
The three-year deal commences following the completion of the 2009/10 football season. The new Sponsorship package gives Samsung additional rights.
The deal was unveiled by the club and its principal partner today at Chelsea FC's training base in Cobham.
Samsung has been a sponsor of the premiership club since 2005 when it agreed a deal worth an estimated £55m over five years.
Chelsea FC CEO Peter Kenyon decline to comment on the financial investment but said the deal would mutually benefit both club and sponsor.
Last month premiership rival Manchester United also signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with US finance brand Aon.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London