Johnson & Johnson posts drop in sales
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 July 2009 04:20PM
LONDON - Johnson & Johnson has announced a 7.4% drop in worldwide sales in the second quarter of 2009.
Worldwide consumer sales fell by 4.5% in the second quarter of 2009, from $4bn to $3.9bn, compared to 2008. The company has added that over the period domestic sales had increased by 0.8% while international sales figures dropped by 8.4%.
In Europe, Q2 sales were down 12% compared to 2008. International sales of skin care, baby care and oral care were all down.
But the company said its Listerine antiseptic month rise and Neutrogena skin care lines had contributed to operational sales growth during the quarter.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London