RMG name dropped in merger with JWT
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - WPP is to merge RMG into JWT in a bid to create a global integrated network across advertising, digital and direct.
The plans, which were finalised at a global board meeting last week, will see the global direct marketing brand RMG disappear. The network is now looking to make acquisitions in the digital space.
Under the new structure, the two companies will have the same P&L, with regional offices reporting up to a combined global management.
The London office will be headed by the incoming chief executive, Guy Hayward (Campaign, 3 July). The new global business will officially launch on 1 January.
David Eastman, JWT’s worldwide director of digital, said: For JWT, this move is about unification. It’s about thinking and delivering as one organisation across channels and markets.
The restructure has led to the departure of several senior RMG staff. Tim Hipperson, the chief executive in London, is the latest to go, after the global CEO, Philip Greenfield, and Mark Miller, the North American CEO.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Operations Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, East London
- Online Trading Manager Recruitment Genius £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Marketing Communications Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London