RMG name dropped in merger with JWT
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - WPP is to merge RMG into JWT in a bid to create a global integrated network across advertising, digital and direct.
The plans, which were finalised at a global board meeting last week, will see the global direct marketing brand RMG disappear. The network is now looking to make acquisitions in the digital space.
Under the new structure, the two companies will have the same P&L, with regional offices reporting up to a combined global management.
The London office will be headed by the incoming chief executive, Guy Hayward (Campaign, 3 July). The new global business will officially launch on 1 January.
David Eastman, JWT’s worldwide director of digital, said: For JWT, this move is about unification. It’s about thinking and delivering as one organisation across channels and markets.
The restructure has led to the departure of several senior RMG staff. Tim Hipperson, the chief executive in London, is the latest to go, after the global CEO, Philip Greenfield, and Mark Miller, the North American CEO.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Manager . 38k. Leading telecommms brand & Freelance 5 week booking. Mark Paine Recruitment 38,000 plus benefits, Westminster/Victoria area
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad