Video: Orange promotes RockCorps with TV campaign
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 20 July 2009 09:40AM
LONDON - Orange has launched a TV campaign to promote its RockCorps volunteer programme.
The music-led programme asks volunteers to give up four hours of their time to help in their local community.
The TV ads will showcase the work already done and tell members of the public that 'Together we can do more'.
The campaign will run throughout July and September to coincide with upcoming Orange RockCorps gigs in Manchester and London.
The creative is set against a gradually regenerating urban backdrop. A diverse cast of 268 16-24 year olds, featuring volunteers from the Orange RockCorps programme, were meticulously arranged to create an effect similar to a flick-book.
Using a manual ‘morphing' technique, the sequence will show one person morphing into another through gradual, incremental changes in their physical appearance.
Volunteers' hard work, meanwhile, is reflected by surroundings shown in a constant state of transformation.
The TV advert, created by Orange's retained agency Fallon and directed by Dougal Wilson of Blink TV, was filmed at Milton Court Estate in Deptford over the course of three days. It will be supported by radio and outdoor activity.
This year Orange RockCorps has created 8,000 opportunities for people to volunteer in London and Manchester. In return for volunteering for four-hour stints at 150 special community-based charity projects, 2009's volunteers will earn tickets to exclusive gigs in their home city.
US pop artist Lady GaGa, The Enemy, N-Dubz and VV Brown will take to the stage at Manchester Apollo on 13 July.
The line-up for London's Royal Albert Hall gig will be announced in coming months.
The programme will also take place in Paris with a series of four-hour projects for 5,000 volunteers, finishing with a gig at Le Zenith on 2 October.
The Orange RockCorps programme has signed up brand partners Sony Ericsson and Channel 4, which will broadcast the volunteer work and UK gigs during a summer of programming on T4.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'