Orange targets students with mobile ad offers
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:40AM
LONDON - Orange is set to offer students promotions including tickets and make-up in exchange for receiving ads on their mobiles.
The promotion signals a move towards a highly targeted mobile marketing strategy for the mobile network.
Free calls may also be part of the deal, as well as free music through a partnership with mobile network Blyk, according to newspaper reports.
Blyk has offered 16-to-24-year-olds £15 of free credit per month in return for receiving ads, a marketing idea that Orange hopes to develop and expand on.
The deal is expected to be announced within days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive Kingsgate Recruitment £30,000 with great benefits, South West London
- Strategy & Creative Planner - Media Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£70K + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account
- Made.com makes Scottish Referendum marketing "blunder"