Orange targets students with mobile ad offers
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:40AM
LONDON - Orange is set to offer students promotions including tickets and make-up in exchange for receiving ads on their mobiles.
The promotion signals a move towards a highly targeted mobile marketing strategy for the mobile network.
Free calls may also be part of the deal, as well as free music through a partnership with mobile network Blyk, according to newspaper reports.
Blyk has offered 16-to-24-year-olds £15 of free credit per month in return for receiving ads, a marketing idea that Orange hopes to develop and expand on.
The deal is expected to be announced within days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Manager Premier Media £250-£300 per day, London
- Media Account Director Premier Media Up to £300 per day depending on experience, London
- Marketing Assistant, up to £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic Benefits, Teddington
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%