Orange targets students with mobile ad offers
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:40AM
LONDON - Orange is set to offer students promotions including tickets and make-up in exchange for receiving ads on their mobiles.
The promotion signals a move towards a highly targeted mobile marketing strategy for the mobile network.
Free calls may also be part of the deal, as well as free music through a partnership with mobile network Blyk, according to newspaper reports.
Blyk has offered 16-to-24-year-olds £15 of free credit per month in return for receiving ads, a marketing idea that Orange hopes to develop and expand on.
The deal is expected to be announced within days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Services Director Purple Consultancy £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Account Director Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- Account Executive Purple Consultancy £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Product Marketing Manager Stopgap Competitive Salary + Benefits, London
- Marketing Consultant Stopgap £500 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad