Warburtons parts company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty and calls ad review
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:16AM
LONDON - Warburtons has split with its ad agency of 12 years, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, and put its advertising account up for pitch.
Last October, BBH spearheaded a heavyweight marketing push designed to highlight Warburtons as ‘Britain's favourite baker' as it stepped up its battle with Premier Foods' relaunched Hovis.
The company invested £22m in the marketing push, about half of which was assigned to TV and press advertising. The ads eschewed Jonathan and Brett Warburton who appeared in previous campaigns and took a more humorous tone.
Richard Hayes, marketing director at Warburtons, said: 'Warburtons and BBH have enjoyed an excellent relationship over the past 12 years during which the agency has produced some outstanding work on our behalf.'
Ben Fennell, chief executive officer at BBH, added: 'We have huge respect for the brand, the product and the people at this extraordinary company. Although we are obviously sad that the relationship is ending, we wish them every success going forward.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York