Warburtons parts company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty and calls ad review
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:16AM
LONDON - Warburtons has split with its ad agency of 12 years, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, and put its advertising account up for pitch.
Last October, BBH spearheaded a heavyweight marketing push designed to highlight Warburtons as ‘Britain's favourite baker' as it stepped up its battle with Premier Foods' relaunched Hovis.
The company invested £22m in the marketing push, about half of which was assigned to TV and press advertising. The ads eschewed Jonathan and Brett Warburton who appeared in previous campaigns and took a more humorous tone.
Richard Hayes, marketing director at Warburtons, said: 'Warburtons and BBH have enjoyed an excellent relationship over the past 12 years during which the agency has produced some outstanding work on our behalf.'
Ben Fennell, chief executive officer at BBH, added: 'We have huge respect for the brand, the product and the people at this extraordinary company. Although we are obviously sad that the relationship is ending, we wish them every success going forward.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Broadcast / Online Planning Manager -Leading Media Owner Aspire £45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile