Warburtons parts company with Bartle Bogle Hegarty and calls ad review
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:16AM
LONDON - Warburtons has split with its ad agency of 12 years, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, and put its advertising account up for pitch.
Last October, BBH spearheaded a heavyweight marketing push designed to highlight Warburtons as ‘Britain's favourite baker' as it stepped up its battle with Premier Foods' relaunched Hovis.
The company invested £22m in the marketing push, about half of which was assigned to TV and press advertising. The ads eschewed Jonathan and Brett Warburton who appeared in previous campaigns and took a more humorous tone.
Richard Hayes, marketing director at Warburtons, said: 'Warburtons and BBH have enjoyed an excellent relationship over the past 12 years during which the agency has produced some outstanding work on our behalf.'
Ben Fennell, chief executive officer at BBH, added: 'We have huge respect for the brand, the product and the people at this extraordinary company. Although we are obviously sad that the relationship is ending, we wish them every success going forward.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Events and Marketing Manager - Retail / Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £40-£60K DOE, London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker Beyond The Book £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, Northampton
- Content Partnerships Strategist (Video) - £45K - London Salt £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7