History Channel relaunches websites with new video service
LONDON - The History Channel (UK), the broadcasting joint venture between A&E Television Networks (AETN) and BSkyB, has relaunched its History and Military History websites with a new video-on-demand service featuring original and archive content.
Sky Digital Media will sell inventory around the video content that will feature a range of footage, delivered via the Brightcove platform, including content from original History series such as Great and Telling Tales, as well as videos for featured events from This Day in History.
The sites also give visitors access to remote recording capabilities through integration with BSkyB's TV listings APIs.
An interactive timeline feature allows users to click on a date to access short-form video content, This Day in History articles and videos, Encyclopedia Britannica articles and a list of programmes. The sites feature dedicated mini-sites for series and specials airing on the channels.
Later this year, the History Channel plans to launch redesigned video-based sites for its Bio and Crime & Investigation Network channels, as well as upgrades to a number of its other international websites.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014