Greggs to open petrol station forecourt chain
LONDON - Bakery chain Greggs is to open a series of stores on petrol forecourts, as it looks to extend its presence away from the high street.
Greggs has signed a deal with Euro Garages, which owns 76 forecourts across the UK. The first Greggs forecourt store will open at a newly-developed site in Bury. Greggs has previously opened stores in industrial estates and retail parks.
In April, Greggs launched an above-the-line campaign focusing on quality. The ads, featuring comedian Paddy McGuinness and his pet dog Scamp, were created by Propaganda.
Earlier this year, the brand trialed a new upmarket store format selling higher-quality products and including perch seating for customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits , London (North), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India