Greggs to open petrol station forecourt chain
LONDON - Bakery chain Greggs is to open a series of stores on petrol forecourts, as it looks to extend its presence away from the high street.
Greggs has signed a deal with Euro Garages, which owns 76 forecourts across the UK. The first Greggs forecourt store will open at a newly-developed site in Bury. Greggs has previously opened stores in industrial estates and retail parks.
In April, Greggs launched an above-the-line campaign focusing on quality. The ads, featuring comedian Paddy McGuinness and his pet dog Scamp, were created by Propaganda.
Earlier this year, the brand trialed a new upmarket store format selling higher-quality products and including perch seating for customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Development Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Artworker Creative Recruitment £150 - £170 per day, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch