Greggs to open petrol station forecourt chain
LONDON - Bakery chain Greggs is to open a series of stores on petrol forecourts, as it looks to extend its presence away from the high street.
Greggs has signed a deal with Euro Garages, which owns 76 forecourts across the UK. The first Greggs forecourt store will open at a newly-developed site in Bury. Greggs has previously opened stores in industrial estates and retail parks.
In April, Greggs launched an above-the-line campaign focusing on quality. The ads, featuring comedian Paddy McGuinness and his pet dog Scamp, were created by Propaganda.
Earlier this year, the brand trialed a new upmarket store format selling higher-quality products and including perch seating for customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure