Greggs to open petrol station forecourt chain
LONDON - Bakery chain Greggs is to open a series of stores on petrol forecourts, as it looks to extend its presence away from the high street.
Greggs has signed a deal with Euro Garages, which owns 76 forecourts across the UK. The first Greggs forecourt store will open at a newly-developed site in Bury. Greggs has previously opened stores in industrial estates and retail parks.
In April, Greggs launched an above-the-line campaign focusing on quality. The ads, featuring comedian Paddy McGuinness and his pet dog Scamp, were created by Propaganda.
Earlier this year, the brand trialed a new upmarket store format selling higher-quality products and including perch seating for customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Web Developer Stopgap £150 - £200 per day, London
- Account Manager - Retail Design Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- LOOKING FOR PROMOTION? AMBITIOUS ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for forward thinking integrated agency up to £60k Barker Graves Up to £55k + bens, Central London
- Media Executive The Great & The Good £23000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies