Mike Segrue to leave Kinetic after four years
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 03:55PM
LONDON - Mike Segrue, Kinetic's global chief client officer, is stepping down from the outdoor agency without a job to go to.
Segrue, who was a founder of Kinetic when it launched in 2005, will remain a shareholder until the completion of the sale of the company to WPP at the end of this year.
Segrue was the managing director of Poster Publicity before it merged with WPP’s Portland Outdoor to become Kinetic.
Eric Newnham, the global chief executive of Kinetic Worldwide, said: "Mike’s contribution and support over the last few years, and indeed pre-dating the formation of Kinetic Worldwide, have been invaluable. He has been a successful and articulate advocate of what we are trying to do. He is widely respected in the industry by clients and the wider community."
Segrue said: "The Kinetic experience has been a most enjoyable and successful one. The agency has a strong and visionary management team in place and will no doubt continue to thrive despite the competitive marketplace. We have changed the perception and actuality of what Kinetic is – we are now a lifestyle and environment media agency."
The move follows Kinetic’s appointment of the Adwalker founder Simon Crisp as chief executive EMEA, replacing David Payne, who moved to the US to become chief executive of the Americas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff