Barclaycard 'waterslide' becomes most popular branded iPhone app
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 04:35PM
LONDON - Barclaycard's "waterslide" iPhone application, which was released just 13 days ago, has become the most popular free branded advertising game in the history of the iTunes app store.
With three million downloads, the game, created by Dare and Fishlabs, is now the number one free iPhone application in 57 countries.
The 'waterslide extreme' game, which is based on the creative concept from Bartle Bogle Hegarty's TV ad, enables users to navigate a person down a giant waterslide by tilting their iPhone.
Users can choose from male or female characters, which navigate increasingly difficult slides while collecting points and avoiding dangerous obstacles.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Global Media Manager - Cross Media Dot-Gap £47k , Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile