Barclaycard 'waterslide' becomes most popular branded iPhone app
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 04:35PM
LONDON - Barclaycard's "waterslide" iPhone application, which was released just 13 days ago, has become the most popular free branded advertising game in the history of the iTunes app store.
With three million downloads, the game, created by Dare and Fishlabs, is now the number one free iPhone application in 57 countries.
The 'waterslide extreme' game, which is based on the creative concept from Bartle Bogle Hegarty's TV ad, enables users to navigate a person down a giant waterslide by tilting their iPhone.
Users can choose from male or female characters, which navigate increasingly difficult slides while collecting points and avoiding dangerous obstacles.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff