Barclaycard 'waterslide' becomes most popular branded iPhone app
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 04:35PM
LONDON - Barclaycard's "waterslide" iPhone application, which was released just 13 days ago, has become the most popular free branded advertising game in the history of the iTunes app store.
With three million downloads, the game, created by Dare and Fishlabs, is now the number one free iPhone application in 57 countries.
The 'waterslide extreme' game, which is based on the creative concept from Bartle Bogle Hegarty's TV ad, enables users to navigate a person down a giant waterslide by tilting their iPhone.
Users can choose from male or female characters, which navigate increasingly difficult slides while collecting points and avoiding dangerous obstacles.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne