Barclaycard 'waterslide' becomes most popular branded iPhone app
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 04:35PM
LONDON - Barclaycard's "waterslide" iPhone application, which was released just 13 days ago, has become the most popular free branded advertising game in the history of the iTunes app store.
With three million downloads, the game, created by Dare and Fishlabs, is now the number one free iPhone application in 57 countries.
The 'waterslide extreme' game, which is based on the creative concept from Bartle Bogle Hegarty's TV ad, enables users to navigate a person down a giant waterslide by tilting their iPhone.
Users can choose from male or female characters, which navigate increasingly difficult slides while collecting points and avoiding dangerous obstacles.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Publicity Manager (PR) - World Leading Charity - Central London Ninesharp £38000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Analysis Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account