Budweiser calls UK advertising pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Anheuser-Busch InBev has called a review of the £5.5 million Budweiser business in the UK and Ireland.
The incumbent on the UK account is Fallon, while the incumbent in Ireland is DDB – which is also the agency of record for the global account. Both agencies will pitch for the business.
Also on the shortlist is Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, a Budweiser roster agency that worked with the brewer in the run-up to the 2006 World Cup and TBWA\London, a non-roster agency, which created the award-winning Peter Kay work for the Scottish & Newcastle brand John Smith’s.
James Watson, the director of marketing at Budweiser, is handling the review. The AAR is also involved.
Fallon won the account in October 2007 after a final shoot-out against DDB. RKCR\Y&R and Euro RSCG were involved at an earlier stage.
The pitch comes as Anheuser-Busch and InBev continue to integrate the two companies following last year’s merger.
After lengthy negotiations, the companies agreed in July 2008 that InBev would buy Anheuser-Busch for £31 billion.
The merger created the world’s largest brewer and one of the five biggest businesses in the world.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a. , London (Greater)
- Programmatic Commercial Director Aspire £100000.00 per annum, London
- Planning Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £37000 per annum, London
- TV Account Manager- Film Lipton Fleming £37000 - £45000 per annum, London