Budweiser calls UK advertising pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 July 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Anheuser-Busch InBev has called a review of the £5.5 million Budweiser business in the UK and Ireland.
The incumbent on the UK account is Fallon, while the incumbent in Ireland is DDB – which is also the agency of record for the global account. Both agencies will pitch for the business.
Also on the shortlist is Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, a Budweiser roster agency that worked with the brewer in the run-up to the 2006 World Cup and TBWA\London, a non-roster agency, which created the award-winning Peter Kay work for the Scottish & Newcastle brand John Smith’s.
James Watson, the director of marketing at Budweiser, is handling the review. The AAR is also involved.
Fallon won the account in October 2007 after a final shoot-out against DDB. RKCR\Y&R and Euro RSCG were involved at an earlier stage.
The pitch comes as Anheuser-Busch and InBev continue to integrate the two companies following last year’s merger.
After lengthy negotiations, the companies agreed in July 2008 that InBev would buy Anheuser-Busch for £31 billion.
The merger created the world’s largest brewer and one of the five biggest businesses in the world.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager,Business Intelligence,London,£45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits , London
- Senior Account Manager - In TV, Outdoor, DM & Digital - £40k Source £33000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Director - £55k Source £45000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Integrated Source £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign