Nintendo hit by declining Wii sales
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 July 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Nintendo, the video gaming company, has announced that it expects annual profits to fall for the first time in four years, as sales of its Wii console decline.
In the three months to the end of June, sales of the Wii console dropped by 57% compared with the same period last year. During the period there have also been fewer big-game releases.
In the same quarter, Nintendo's operating profit has decreased by 61%, with total revenue falling by 40%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- UX DESIGNER - (Creative, User Experience, Layout, Branding) Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Sales Manager- Travel - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum + commission, benefits & shares!, London
- Middleweight Print Designer Major Players £22000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch