Nintendo hit by declining Wii sales
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 July 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Nintendo, the video gaming company, has announced that it expects annual profits to fall for the first time in four years, as sales of its Wii console decline.
In the three months to the end of June, sales of the Wii console dropped by 57% compared with the same period last year. During the period there have also been fewer big-game releases.
In the same quarter, Nintendo's operating profit has decreased by 61%, with total revenue falling by 40%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £34,000 + excellent benefits , Warwickshire
- Planner, Great London B2B Agency Direct Recruitment £60,000, London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000-£40,000, Berkshire