Nintendo hit by declining Wii sales
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 July 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Nintendo, the video gaming company, has announced that it expects annual profits to fall for the first time in four years, as sales of its Wii console decline.
In the three months to the end of June, sales of the Wii console dropped by 57% compared with the same period last year. During the period there have also been fewer big-game releases.
In the same quarter, Nintendo's operating profit has decreased by 61%, with total revenue falling by 40%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol