Premier Foods launches "X-Factor" search for new Oxo family
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy has kicked off a search for a new Oxo family, ten years after Linda Bellingham and her famous family last graced the nation's TV screens.
The agency has devised a campaign to seek out a family to represent the Oxo brand through an X-Factor-style competition called "The Oxo Factor".
Built around a website, the competition requires families to make their own Oxo ad using a predetermined script.
The site features films from fictional directors, actors and TV personalities who give tips on how to create the perfect ad.
The five best films will then be aired on TV with the public voting for their favourite, which will launch during the X Factor final later in the year, with the winning family also scooping a £10,000 prize.
To tie in with the contest, the Oxo cube has undergone a redesign, changing shape from a cube to an "X".
According to Oxo’s parent, Premier Foods, the £2 million overhaul of the cube, which has been the same shape for 99 years, will help consumers to crumble the stock into food more easily.
The Oxo brand began life as a health product, which shot to fame after partnering with the London Olympics in 1908 as the official caterer, supplying marathon runners with hot drinks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Director Aspire £50000 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Chief Client Director Aspire £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)