Mills & Boon's new look book covers unveiled
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 August 2009 02:30PM
LONDON - St Luke's has unveiled its set of redesigned book covers for the infamous romance novel publisher Mills & Boon.
The new artwork will launch on 7 August on titles including A Trip With The Tycoon, The Playboy Doctor’s Surprise Proposal and Baby I’m Yours.
Alan Young, the executive creative director at St Luke’s, said: "Mills & Boon is in a unique position in the publishing world, in that readers see it as a recognisable brand.
"We studied books from the periods at which their cover art was at its most iconic and the brand foremost in design. With that in mind, we created a look for a 21st-century audience."
The cover redesign follows a social networking campaign devised by St Luke’s earlier this year.
In response to a ban on kissing at a railway station, the agency launched an eProtest on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter organising a "kiss and make-up" event at the offending station.
Last year, Mills & Boon, which sells around 200 million books worldwide every year, celebrated its 100th year anniversary.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood