Mills & Boon's new look book covers unveiled
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 August 2009 02:30PM
LONDON - St Luke's has unveiled its set of redesigned book covers for the infamous romance novel publisher Mills & Boon.
The new artwork will launch on 7 August on titles including A Trip With The Tycoon, The Playboy Doctor’s Surprise Proposal and Baby I’m Yours.
Alan Young, the executive creative director at St Luke’s, said: "Mills & Boon is in a unique position in the publishing world, in that readers see it as a recognisable brand.
"We studied books from the periods at which their cover art was at its most iconic and the brand foremost in design. With that in mind, we created a look for a 21st-century audience."
The cover redesign follows a social networking campaign devised by St Luke’s earlier this year.
In response to a ban on kissing at a railway station, the agency launched an eProtest on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter organising a "kiss and make-up" event at the offending station.
Last year, Mills & Boon, which sells around 200 million books worldwide every year, celebrated its 100th year anniversary.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne