Mills & Boon's new look book covers unveiled
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 August 2009 02:30PM
LONDON - St Luke's has unveiled its set of redesigned book covers for the infamous romance novel publisher Mills & Boon.
The new artwork will launch on 7 August on titles including A Trip With The Tycoon, The Playboy Doctor’s Surprise Proposal and Baby I’m Yours.
Alan Young, the executive creative director at St Luke’s, said: "Mills & Boon is in a unique position in the publishing world, in that readers see it as a recognisable brand.
"We studied books from the periods at which their cover art was at its most iconic and the brand foremost in design. With that in mind, we created a look for a 21st-century audience."
The cover redesign follows a social networking campaign devised by St Luke’s earlier this year.
In response to a ban on kissing at a railway station, the agency launched an eProtest on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter organising a "kiss and make-up" event at the offending station.
Last year, Mills & Boon, which sells around 200 million books worldwide every year, celebrated its 100th year anniversary.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Director Drayton Partners Ltd £Competitive plus strong package, Southall, West of London
- Commercial Product Marketing Manager - Gaming Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + Bonus and company benefits, London
- Studio and Resource Manager £30-40 Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Services Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Cheshire