Sony Europe reviews advertising account
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 August 2009 12:10PM
LONDON - Sony Europe has called a statutory review of its pan-European advertising account, worth an estimated £50 million.
Fallon, which has handled the account for the past six years, will be repitching for the business.
The agency has produced a number of acclaimed advertising campaigns for the electronics giant since it was appointed to the business following a shoot-out against Bartle Bogle Hegarty in November 2002.
Ben Moore, the vice-president, communications for Sony Europe, said: "We have enjoyed a highly successful relationship with Fallon during the last six years and we have been extremely pleased with the work they have done on our behalf.
"During that period, however, the marketing landscape has changed significantly, with the fragmentation of traditional media and the rise and increasing importance of the internet and social media in driving consumer behaviour.
"Taken together with the increasingly challenging economic climate, in which all companies are seeking to ensure the best possible value and impact for their marketing spend, we felt that now was an appropriate time to take stock and review our agency partnerships."
The AAR is drawing up a shortlist of agencies to pitch for the account, which includes all of Sony consumer electronics brands such as the Sony Bravia TV, which spawned some of Fallon’s most famous work, as well as its Walkman and Handycam products.
Sony is seeking an agency that can provide a media-neutral brand strategy to enable the company to exploit all media channels, with a decision expected before Christmas.
Fallon’s work on the Sony business, especially its Bravia campaigns including "balls", "paint" and "Play-doh", have secured the agency significant creative acclaim.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Market Research Analyst - Charity - Contract Hasson Associates £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London