Universal McCann picks Hytner for Euro role
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 August 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Universal McCann has ended its search for a European chief by appointing Jim Hytner to the role.
Hytner, the commercial director of Top Up TV and former marketing director of ITV and Barclays, is expected to take up the post later this year.
As the president of Universal McCann in the EMEA region, Hytner will report to Matt Seiler, the global chief executive of Universal McCann, and Graham Duff, the EMEA president of Interpublic’s media holding group Mediabrands.
Hytner replaces Diederik Breijer, who resigned in January after six months in the role.
Duff and Hytner are reunited after a spell working together at ITV, when Hytner headed marketing and Duff was the chief executive of Granada Enterprises. Hytner was at the broadcaster between 2001 and 2004.
Hytner’s move to a media agency role will surprise many, after years on the client side and latterly at Top UP TV, which he joined two years ago from Barclays following four years in the top UK marketing role at the bank.
His task will be to work with Duff on building the Universal McCann network within the Mediabrands structure, which also includes the sister IPG network Initiative.
Neither Hytner nor Universal McCann were available for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset Ã‚£55000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake