Premier Foods gains market share
By Becky Wilkerson, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 06 August 2009 09:39AM
LONDON - Premier Foods has boosted its focus on innovation and increased its brands' market share.
Despite the group reporting a loss of £35.9m in the first half of the year, the company’s brands gained a 1.6% share of the market in the year to June. Hovis’ market share rose to 26.3% from 22.7% last year.
The food company has introduced more than 12 fresh products or extensions since the beginning of the year including Branston Mayonnaise and Sharwoods sweet chilli microwavable noodles.
Total sales were up 3.5% to £1.2bn, mostly due to price increases.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure