Premier Foods gains market share
By Becky Wilkerson, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 06 August 2009 09:39AM
LONDON - Premier Foods has boosted its focus on innovation and increased its brands' market share.
Despite the group reporting a loss of £35.9m in the first half of the year, the company’s brands gained a 1.6% share of the market in the year to June. Hovis’ market share rose to 26.3% from 22.7% last year.
The food company has introduced more than 12 fresh products or extensions since the beginning of the year including Branston Mayonnaise and Sharwoods sweet chilli microwavable noodles.
Total sales were up 3.5% to £1.2bn, mostly due to price increases.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Marketing Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Ireland / Dublin
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- ITV chief calls for Sky and Virgin to pay for content