Premier Foods gains market share
By Becky Wilkerson, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 06 August 2009 09:39AM
LONDON - Premier Foods has boosted its focus on innovation and increased its brands' market share.
Despite the group reporting a loss of £35.9m in the first half of the year, the company’s brands gained a 1.6% share of the market in the year to June. Hovis’ market share rose to 26.3% from 22.7% last year.
The food company has introduced more than 12 fresh products or extensions since the beginning of the year including Branston Mayonnaise and Sharwoods sweet chilli microwavable noodles.
Total sales were up 3.5% to £1.2bn, mostly due to price increases.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £40K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Head of Strategy - Associate Director Level Rare Selection £70 - £80K + enhanced benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith