The Week: Sony calls review of £50m pan-European ad account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 August 2009 12:00AM
Sony Europe has called a review of its £50 million pan-European ad account.
Fallon, which has handled the account for the past six years, will repitch for the business.
The agency has produced a number of acclaimed ad campaigns, including the "balls" spot for Sony Bravia, since it was appointed to the business after a shoot-out against Bartle Bogle Hegarty in November 2002.
The AAR is drawing up a shortlist of agencies to pitch for the account, which includes all of Sony's consumer electronics brands such as the Bravia TV and the Walkman and Handycam products.
Sony is seeking an agency that can provide a "media-neutral brand strategy" to enable the company to exploit all media channels. A decision is expected before Christmas.
Media planning and buying on the business, which is handled by OMD Europe, is unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues