New bakery products help drive Greggs' growth
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - Greggs is accelerating its programme of new shop openings and launching a national TV campaign later this year after reporting a 7.3% rise in first-half pre-tax profits.
The company attributed the growth to the recession and said while the chain's best-selling products continued to underpin performance with 2m sausage rolls sold every week, sales of new products had trebled year on year.
Greggs now plans to open 40 shops in the second half of the year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Project Manager- Supply Chain Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Project Manager- Finance Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Junior or Branding Consultant - Innovation - New Product Development - London Spectrum £30,000 - £50,000, London (West), London (Greater)