New bakery products help drive Greggs' growth
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - Greggs is accelerating its programme of new shop openings and launching a national TV campaign later this year after reporting a 7.3% rise in first-half pre-tax profits.
The company attributed the growth to the recession and said while the chain's best-selling products continued to underpin performance with 2m sausage rolls sold every week, sales of new products had trebled year on year.
Greggs now plans to open 40 shops in the second half of the year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers