Simon Greenall revealed as voice of Aleksandr the meerkat
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - The comedy actor Simon Greenall, who starred as Alan Partridge's Geordie friend Michael, has been revealed as the voice of Aleksandr the meerkat.
Greenall, who played a handyman working in Partridge's roadside hotel, was named today by sources close to the ad.
He voices Aleksandr, the star of a series of ads for comparethemarket.com, which have helped increase hits on the site by 80 per cent since January.
Meanwhile, the source also revealed that the next TV ad in the series would involve Aleksandr relaxing in a jacuzzi with a glass of Champagne, and altering his catchphrase from "it's seemples" to "it's seembubbles".
Aleksandr has more than 25,000 followers on Twitter and almost 525,000 fans on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad