Simon Greenall revealed as voice of Aleksandr the meerkat
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - The comedy actor Simon Greenall, who starred as Alan Partridge's Geordie friend Michael, has been revealed as the voice of Aleksandr the meerkat.
Greenall, who played a handyman working in Partridge's roadside hotel, was named today by sources close to the ad.
He voices Aleksandr, the star of a series of ads for comparethemarket.com, which have helped increase hits on the site by 80 per cent since January.
Meanwhile, the source also revealed that the next TV ad in the series would involve Aleksandr relaxing in a jacuzzi with a glass of Champagne, and altering his catchphrase from "it's seemples" to "it's seembubbles".
Aleksandr has more than 25,000 followers on Twitter and almost 525,000 fans on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'