Simon Greenall revealed as voice of Aleksandr the meerkat
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - The comedy actor Simon Greenall, who starred as Alan Partridge's Geordie friend Michael, has been revealed as the voice of Aleksandr the meerkat.
Greenall, who played a handyman working in Partridge's roadside hotel, was named today by sources close to the ad.
He voices Aleksandr, the star of a series of ads for comparethemarket.com, which have helped increase hits on the site by 80 per cent since January.
Meanwhile, the source also revealed that the next TV ad in the series would involve Aleksandr relaxing in a jacuzzi with a glass of Champagne, and altering his catchphrase from "it's seemples" to "it's seembubbles".
Aleksandr has more than 25,000 followers on Twitter and almost 525,000 fans on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum + car + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Head of Design Pitch Consultants £50000 - £75000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Midweight Graphic Designer - Retail Network Career Consultants £28000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas