Simon Greenall revealed as voice of Aleksandr the meerkat
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - The comedy actor Simon Greenall, who starred as Alan Partridge's Geordie friend Michael, has been revealed as the voice of Aleksandr the meerkat.
Greenall, who played a handyman working in Partridge's roadside hotel, was named today by sources close to the ad.
He voices Aleksandr, the star of a series of ads for comparethemarket.com, which have helped increase hits on the site by 80 per cent since January.
Meanwhile, the source also revealed that the next TV ad in the series would involve Aleksandr relaxing in a jacuzzi with a glass of Champagne, and altering his catchphrase from "it's seemples" to "it's seembubbles".
Aleksandr has more than 25,000 followers on Twitter and almost 525,000 fans on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Planner- Consumer Electronics Giant - £35K!! Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Comms Executive- £25K - Gaming brand!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Suffolk
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film