Simon Greenall revealed as voice of Aleksandr the meerkat
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - The comedy actor Simon Greenall, who starred as Alan Partridge's Geordie friend Michael, has been revealed as the voice of Aleksandr the meerkat.
Greenall, who played a handyman working in Partridge's roadside hotel, was named today by sources close to the ad.
He voices Aleksandr, the star of a series of ads for comparethemarket.com, which have helped increase hits on the site by 80 per cent since January.
Meanwhile, the source also revealed that the next TV ad in the series would involve Aleksandr relaxing in a jacuzzi with a glass of Champagne, and altering his catchphrase from "it's seemples" to "it's seembubbles".
Aleksandr has more than 25,000 followers on Twitter and almost 525,000 fans on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer