Comparethemarket kicks off DM review
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 August 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com, the price comparison website, is seeking an agency to handle its direct marketing account.
A shortlist is expected to be drawn up over the next month. The process is being handled by the AAR.
Comparethemarket.com has not spent significantly on DM in the past, but is keen to put more emphasis on the sector to help retain existing customers in the face of increased activity from competitors.
The brand saw a major increase in new users in January this year when it launched its comparethemeerkat.com campaign, created by VCCP.
It has developed into a series of humorous TV ads featuring Aleksandr the meerkat, which have been supported by digital and PR activity.
Since the campaign broke, rival price comparison websites have stepped up their marketing efforts in a bid to win back market share.
This week, GoCompare.com launched a TV ad introducing a new opera-singing character.
Confused.com and MoneySupermarket.com are holding pitches for their advertising accounts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Search Account Manager - London - £28K to £32K - www.we Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Global Production Manager Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £65000 per annum + re-location package , South Korea
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Experiential and Events - 38K - 42K Bamboo Crowd £38K - £42K, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity