Comparethemarket kicks off DM review
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 August 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com, the price comparison website, is seeking an agency to handle its direct marketing account.
A shortlist is expected to be drawn up over the next month. The process is being handled by the AAR.
Comparethemarket.com has not spent significantly on DM in the past, but is keen to put more emphasis on the sector to help retain existing customers in the face of increased activity from competitors.
The brand saw a major increase in new users in January this year when it launched its comparethemeerkat.com campaign, created by VCCP.
It has developed into a series of humorous TV ads featuring Aleksandr the meerkat, which have been supported by digital and PR activity.
Since the campaign broke, rival price comparison websites have stepped up their marketing efforts in a bid to win back market share.
This week, GoCompare.com launched a TV ad introducing a new opera-singing character.
Confused.com and MoneySupermarket.com are holding pitches for their advertising accounts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER: (Digital, Print, Marketing, Events) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Developer AF Selection £25,000, Preston, Lancashire
- Senior Strategy Consultant Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Interim EMEA Communications Manager Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers