The Simpsons turn black for Angolan television debut
LONDON - An Angolan ad agency has turned The Simpsons from yellow to brown in a television campaign promoting the long-running comedy's debut on an African satellite channel.
The ad was created by Executive Centre, which is based in Luanda, Angola. It shows the family with dark skin. Marg's blue bouffant is now a black afro and Lisa has braided hair.
The ad promotes 'The Simpsons'' first screening in Angola by the satellite television channel Dstv.
'The Simpsons' marks its 20th birthday this year and is lining up the usual array of celebrities to appear in the forthcoming series.
Coldplay are set to feature, along with the late Eartha Kitt, comedienne Sarah Silverman and filmstar Anne Hathaway.
'The Simpsons' is the longest-running American sitcom, having broadcast over 400 episodes.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region