Chime Communications reports highest ever pre-tax profits
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 09:50AM
LONDON - Chime Communications, the marketing services group that owns VCCP, Bell Pottinger and Stephens Francis Whitson, has reported a 4 per cent rise in pre-tax profits for the six months to 30 June 2009.
The company announced profits of £8.5 million for the period, the highest first-half pre-tax profit in its history.
Operating profit rose 3 per cent from £9.1 million to £9.4 million year on year, with operating income up 7 per cent to £58.4 million.
Chime Communications attributed the figures to a healthy new business pipeline, which saw VCCP pick up the Emirates and nPower accounts, along with increased income from some of its largest clients.
Lord Bell, the chairman of Chime Communications, said: "Having delivered the highest profit in our history we have outperformed the market and our competition and achieved first half results ahead of expectation. We are delighted and remain cautiously optimistic for the full year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands
- SEO Account Director - up to £50K plus benefits Salt £45000 - £52000 per annum + £20K OTE, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £60k - £65k, London, Soho
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign