Cadbury reintroduces Wispa Gold with user-generated ad campaign by Fallon
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 2009 10:35AM
LONDON - To celebrate the launch of Wispa Gold - a new caramel variant - Cadbury is offering its consumers the chance to put their own messages up on billboards around the country.
The confectionary company yesterday sent an e-mail to fans directing them to a sneak preview of wispagoldmessages.com, a site on which they can log messages that will have the chance of going up on billboards all over the country. The site will launch officially on 7 September, when the bars go on sale.
The website, created by Fallon, reads: "We've decided to give our advertising space to you guys as a thank you for all the love you've shown to Wispa."
"We have bought thousands of billboards all over the UK and Ireland so that you can share your special messages with the world. Yes, that's right, you let us know your special message and if it gets selected we will post it on a real billboard in the location of your choice.
"So if your mum lives in Birmingham you could post her a special message, say a poem, and we'll try to give you a site as near to her as possible."
Poster sites have been booked in London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol, Cardiff, Nottingham, Belfast, Plymouth, Brighton and Norwich.
The idea follows 2008's social media campaign, also created by Fallon, to bring back the Wispa, which resulted in a TV ad starring hundreds of Wispa fans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester