Vodafone appoints OMD to £800 million media task
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 2009 10:45AM
LONDON - Vodafone has appointed OMD to handle its £800 million international media planning and buying account.
The appointment follows a final head-to-head pitch for the business against WPP’s Team Vodafone unit.
OMD's appointment comes despite reports that had suggested that WPP was close to landing the account, which covers all global markets where Vodafone is a wholly-owned business, including the UK.
Sources suggest that OMD and WPP executives were informed of the decision this morning. Carat had been knocked out of the pitch at an earlier stage.
The appointment means that OMD UK wins back the £58 million UK Vodafone business just six months after losing it to Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith