Vodafone appoints OMD to £800 million media task
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 2009 10:45AM
LONDON - Vodafone has appointed OMD to handle its £800 million international media planning and buying account.
The appointment follows a final head-to-head pitch for the business against WPP’s Team Vodafone unit.
OMD's appointment comes despite reports that had suggested that WPP was close to landing the account, which covers all global markets where Vodafone is a wholly-owned business, including the UK.
Sources suggest that OMD and WPP executives were informed of the decision this morning. Carat had been knocked out of the pitch at an earlier stage.
The appointment means that OMD UK wins back the £58 million UK Vodafone business just six months after losing it to Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £26,000 DOE, Coventry
- Product Sub-Editor (Fashion, Editing, Proofing, Scheduling) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Project Manager - Independent Agency -London - £28k-£35k Fill Recruitment £28,000-£35,000, London (Greater)
- Data & Analytics Director Lipton Fleming £100000 - £120000 per annum + handsome benefits, London
- Creative Designer/Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building