Vodafone appoints OMD to £800 million media task
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 2009 10:45AM
LONDON - Vodafone has appointed OMD to handle its £800 million international media planning and buying account.
The appointment follows a final head-to-head pitch for the business against WPP’s Team Vodafone unit.
OMD's appointment comes despite reports that had suggested that WPP was close to landing the account, which covers all global markets where Vodafone is a wholly-owned business, including the UK.
Sources suggest that OMD and WPP executives were informed of the decision this morning. Carat had been knocked out of the pitch at an earlier stage.
The appointment means that OMD UK wins back the £58 million UK Vodafone business just six months after losing it to Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Kingsgate Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Gemini Search £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account