Vodafone appoints OMD to £800 million media task
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 2009 10:45AM
LONDON - Vodafone has appointed OMD to handle its £800 million international media planning and buying account.
The appointment follows a final head-to-head pitch for the business against WPP’s Team Vodafone unit.
OMD's appointment comes despite reports that had suggested that WPP was close to landing the account, which covers all global markets where Vodafone is a wholly-owned business, including the UK.
Sources suggest that OMD and WPP executives were informed of the decision this morning. Carat had been knocked out of the pitch at an earlier stage.
The appointment means that OMD UK wins back the £58 million UK Vodafone business just six months after losing it to Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Head of Media & Sales Planning Sky Negotiable, West London
- Group Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum + car, West Midlands
- Head of Social Media - Leading Charity - London Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + great benefits , London