Sara Lee UK appoints Unilever veteran Jonathan Moore as interim marketing director
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 September 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Sara Lee Household & Body Care UK has hired Unilever global category vice-president Jonathan Moore as its interim-marketing director, ahead of a possible sale of the company.
Moore has been awarded only a short-term, six-month contract due to the UK business' uncertain future, according to a spokeswoman for Sara Lee Household & Body Care UK.
Earlier this year, the US-based parent company, Sara Lee, announced plans to sell the UK division. Moore's former employer of 18 years, Unilever, is one of several potential buyers.
Moore will report to Nick van Holstein, UK president, Sara Lee Household and Body Care UK, and replaces Margaret Jobling, another former Unilever marketer, who moves to Cadbury as marketing director for the Dairy Milk brand later this month.
At Unilever, Moore was responsible for brands including Dove haircare and Surf and Radiant laundry products.
Sara Lee Household & Body Care UK owns brands including personal care range Sanex, the Radox bathing line, haircare brand Brylcreem and air-freshener Ambi Pur.
This year, the division has run several multimillion-pound marketing campaigns, including a £4.5m push for Radox.
It also announced it was bringing back the iconic 'Brylcreem Boy' to front campaigns for the brand.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- General Manager - Media Sales (Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) Vision Four Competitive, Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Midweight Packaging Designer - Top Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London