BR Video: Ad agencies have run out of ideas say consumers
By Jacquie Bowser, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 09 September 2009 08:00AM
LONDON - Advertising agencies are turning to consumers for new ad ideas because they have run out of their own and believe that consumer-produced ads are more effective, according to members of the public interviewed in the latest BR video.
The news follows Unilever's decision to drop Lowe from the Peperami account and open up the brief to the general public.
One man said: "A lot of the people making the adverts are running out of ideas and need some fresh ideas from people who actually use the products."
Most respondents felt that it was a good move to give consumers input into ads as they are the ones who buy and use the products.
A male interviewee said: "I think word-of-mouth recommendations are probably the best adverts you could give anybody".
Another woman said: "Consumers are the people that have got to buy the things so it's only natural that [brands] ask people what sort of adverts they would like."
The respondents were mixed in their opinions regarding whether or not they would be more inclined to buy a product if they knew the ad promoting it was made by a consumer.
One lady felt she would be more inclined because consumer-made ads "come from people's [personal] experiences" with a product, but another lady said it would depend more on whether the product was something she actually needed.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)