Burger King marketing chief takes temporary leave of absence
By Darren Davidson, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 18 September 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - Burger King's top marketer, Russ Klein, has taken a temporary personal leave of absence, with Mike Kappitt, senior vice-president of Business Intelligence, set to take responsibility for his duties while he is away.
Klein, who holds the position of chief marketing officer, has been with the fast food chain for six years, having joined from 7-Eleven.
The move was confirmed by BK in statement, which read: "President-Global Marketing, Strategy and Innovation Russ Klein has taken a personal leave of absence.
"During his temporary absence, senior VP-Business Intelligence Mike Kappitt will lead all marketing activities for the company."
In a separate email sent to company employees, John Chidsey, CEO of Burger King, wished Klein "a speedy return."
Klein is highly regarded within the industry and is credited with presiding over an edgy and bold creative direction, which has resulted in the popular online campaign, Subservient Chicken.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Account Director - Global FMCG Brands - 45k - 50k Fill Recruitment Ltd 45k - 50k pending experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Head of New Business | Digital Innovations Agency | £80K OTE Zebra People £55000 - £60000 per annum + £20K+ comms, great benefits, London (East), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- MID-WEIGHT 2D DESIGNER - EVENTS AND BRANDING Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- SEO Executive - Oxford - £30K Salt £30000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)