Unilever buys Sara Lee Personal Care business
By Bill Britt, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 25 September 2009 09:15AM
LONDON - Unilever has made a binding offer of €1.275 billion in cash to acquire the Personal Care arm of the Sara Lee Corp. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
The Sara Lee brands include Sanex, Radox and Duschdas, which will strengthen Unilever's category leadership in skin cleansing and deodorants. Unilever's existing portfolio includes Dove, Axe and Rexona.
Unilever CEO Paul Polman said: ‘Personal Care is a strategic category and a key growth driver for Unilever. This transaction builds on our portfolio in Western Europe and also in Asia. The Sara Lee brands enjoy strong consumer recognition, offer significant growth potential and are an excellent fit with Unilever's existing business.'
The Sara Lee brands generated annual sales in excess of €750 million.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Business Development - Creative Agency Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Account Manager The Beautiful Meme £25k to £30k, East London
- Group Head - Global Internet Giant Ultimate Asset £55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus and incredible benefits , London