Unilever buys Sara Lee Personal Care business
By Bill Britt, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 25 September 2009 09:15AM
LONDON - Unilever has made a binding offer of €1.275 billion in cash to acquire the Personal Care arm of the Sara Lee Corp. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
The Sara Lee brands include Sanex, Radox and Duschdas, which will strengthen Unilever's category leadership in skin cleansing and deodorants. Unilever's existing portfolio includes Dove, Axe and Rexona.
Unilever CEO Paul Polman said: ‘Personal Care is a strategic category and a key growth driver for Unilever. This transaction builds on our portfolio in Western Europe and also in Asia. The Sara Lee brands enjoy strong consumer recognition, offer significant growth potential and are an excellent fit with Unilever's existing business.'
The Sara Lee brands generated annual sales in excess of €750 million.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - strategic brand consultancy - £24-28k Story Recruitment £24-28k plus bonus dep on exp, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Luxury Brands Story Recruitment £32-38k dependent on experience, Central London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - branding and comms - retail / media / leisure Story Recruitment £34 - 44k depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant / Senior Brand Strategist Story Recruitment £70-80k+ dependent on experience, Central London