Warburtons hands £10 million ad account to Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 September 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Warburtons, the UK baking firm, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its £10 million advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against Delaney Lund Knox Warren. Richard Hayes, the marketing director of Warburtons, handled the process.
Warburtons first called a review of its advertising business in July, putting an end to its relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH had worked on the account for 12 years, most recently launching a £22 million marketing campaign that aimed to portray the brand as "Britain's favourite baker".
The TV ad featured an overseas businessman on a visit to the UK, who finds that every business in the country bears the Warburtons name.
The ad was named one of Campaign's top ten turkeys of 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Art Director / Designer Dahling Ltd circa £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategist Daniel Marks London $60-100K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Associate Creative Director Daniel Marks London $150-220K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure