Warburtons hands £10 million ad account to Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 September 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Warburtons, the UK baking firm, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its £10 million advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against Delaney Lund Knox Warren. Richard Hayes, the marketing director of Warburtons, handled the process.
Warburtons first called a review of its advertising business in July, putting an end to its relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH had worked on the account for 12 years, most recently launching a £22 million marketing campaign that aimed to portray the brand as "Britain's favourite baker".
The TV ad featured an overseas businessman on a visit to the UK, who finds that every business in the country bears the Warburtons name.
The ad was named one of Campaign's top ten turkeys of 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London