Warburtons hands £10 million ad account to Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 September 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Warburtons, the UK baking firm, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its £10 million advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against Delaney Lund Knox Warren. Richard Hayes, the marketing director of Warburtons, handled the process.
Warburtons first called a review of its advertising business in July, putting an end to its relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
BBH had worked on the account for 12 years, most recently launching a £22 million marketing campaign that aimed to portray the brand as "Britain's favourite baker".
The TV ad featured an overseas businessman on a visit to the UK, who finds that every business in the country bears the Warburtons name.
The ad was named one of Campaign's top ten turkeys of 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires