Publicis Worldwide creates branded content division
LONDON - Publicis Worldwide has set up a branded content division to capitalize on what it says is the growing relationship between advertising, content and distribution.
The first unit of the new division, to be called Publicis Entertainment, will be based in London with other offices set to open in other key markets.
Headed by Marcus Vinton, a former creative director of Ogilvy London who later moved into branded TV and movie production, the division will create branded entertainment solutions for TV content, gaming and motion pictures integration.
Announcing the launch of the division today, Richard Pinder, the Publicis Worldwide chief operating officer, said: "The relationship between advertising and TV production is changing fast. It is now a relationship of equals."
He added: "We’re in the business of creating contagious ideas and more engaging content which, in turn, changes the conversation for clients and their brands."
The division is currently working on a number of branded content projects for Publicis clients and is collaborating with a number of major production companies including RDF, Freemantle and Endemol.
The team includes Samantha Glynne, an expert in TV production and branded channel creation. She recently helped launch and run The Audi Channel.
Vinton, who has pioneered the development of TV and entertainment branded content formats for the ad, movie and music industries, said: "The aim of Publicis Entertainment is to create end to end entertainment solutions for our clients across television, gaming and motion pictures.
"Our IP and digital distribution models will create revenue for all stakeholders."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers