McCann Erickson scoops APG Grand Prix for Halo 3 campaign
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 October 2009 08:50AM
McCann Erickson London last night picked up the Grand Prix at the APG Creative Strategy Awards for its campaign for the Xbox game Halo 3.
The campaign, featuring the game character Master Chief, acheived global opening day sales of £84 million, making it the highest-grossing entertainment product ever.
The awards celebrate the best in ad agency planning over the past year.
There were gold awards for the Australian agency The Campaign Palace (for a campaign for New South Wales RSPCA), for Mother London's "Somers Town" campaign for Eurostar, for an M&C Saatchi campaign for Kent County Council, and for JWT's campaign for Forevermark Diamonds.
In the UK, as part of McCann Erickson's Halo 3 campaign, it created a photo exhibition by the fictional photographer Jake Courage – view the video above to learn more.
Full list of winners:
|Air Action Vigorsol||Bartle Bogle Hegarty||Bronze|
|Axe - Japan||Bartle Bogle Hegarty||Silver|
|Barnardo's||Bartle Bogle Hegarty||Bronze|
|BHF - Heart Attack||Grey London||Bronze|
|BHF - Yoobot||Grey London||Silver|
|Department for Transport - Speed||Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO||Silver|
|Eurostar||Mother Advertising||Gold||Best contribution to theory and practice of planning; Most progressive Client|
|Forevermark Diamonds||JWT||Gold||Best paper from an agency outside UK|
|Johnnie Walker||Bartle Bogle Hegarty||Silver|
|Kent County Council||M&C Saatchi||Gold||Best understanding of channels|
|Lynx - Get In There||Bartle Bogle Hegarty||Silver||Best understanding of brands|
|Nike 5||Wieden & Kennedy||Silver|
|Nokia Supernova 7610||Wieden & Kennedy||Silver||Best international paper|
|Orange - Gold Spots||Mother Advertising||Bronze|
|PC World||M&C Saatchi||Silver|
|PG Tips||Mother Advertising||Bronze||Best-written paper; Best presentation to judges|
|Royal Mail||Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO||Bronze||Best understanding of business; Best use of numbers|
|RSPCA NSW Australia||The Campaign Palace||Gold||Best use of research|
|Skcin||McCann Erickson||Silver||Freshest thinking; Best understanding of consumers|
|Sony Net-Share Cam||Saatchi & Saatchi||Bronze|
|Stella Artois 4%||Mother Advertising||Bronze|
|The Economist||Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO||Bronze||Best creative brief or briefing|
|Xbox Halo 3||T.A.G./McCann Erickson||Gold & Grand Prix|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure