Newspaper industry promotes itself to advertisers
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 12 October 2009 10:00AM
LONDON - The Newspaper Marketing Agency (NMA) is launching an ad campaign to give a more optimistic view of the newspaper advertising market.
Six ads will run across national press and aim to tell success stories of newspaper campaigns that have had a good return-on-investment.
The campaign launches tomorrow. It will include figures giving a more upbeat view of the market. One example is that the share of total display ads from retail companies going to national newspapers has increased from 13.7% to 19.3% between 2003 and 2009.
The ad campaign was created by ad agency McCann Erickson. It uses striking images and different straplines to highlight the power of the national press. One ad carries the line ‘Expose yourself to 23 million people tomorrow'. Another says ‘Flies aren't the only thing you can hit with a newspaper'.
In the last three years the national newspaper sector has increased its share of financial display advertising from 10.1% to 12.4%. National newspapers account for 10.3% of all display advertising run by food brands, up from just 3.8% in 2003.
Figures from WPP's Group M, however, show total national newspaper ad revenue is expected to be down 18.5% year-on-year in 2009. Within this display ad revenue will be down 17% and classified ad revenue will be down 25%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey