Meerkat turned into £19.95 talking toy in Harrods
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 19 October 2009 12:00PM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com's meerkat star Aleksandr Orlov will be on sale exclusively in Harrods in early December as a £19.95 talking toy.
Each sale of the toy includes a donation of £4.34 plus VAT to London Zoo charity ZSL.
The toy Aleksander will say his "Simples" catchphrase and distinctive squeak when his belly is squeezed.
Prospective customers are being advised to visit Comparethemeerkat.com to find out when exactly the toys go on sale.
Aleksandr Orlov said: "Please make welcomes for new handsome Aleksandr action toy in box.
"Sergei have pricked paws many time to make sure cravat design is just right.
"Now peoples can have physical reminder that I compare meerkats only. Luxurious toy will appear in Harrods, run by good business friend Mr Al Fayed."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Services / Print Production Managers Network Career Consultants £36000 - £42000 per annum, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad