Meerkat turned into £19.95 talking toy in Harrods
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 19 October 2009 12:00PM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com's meerkat star Aleksandr Orlov will be on sale exclusively in Harrods in early December as a £19.95 talking toy.
Each sale of the toy includes a donation of £4.34 plus VAT to London Zoo charity ZSL.
The toy Aleksander will say his "Simples" catchphrase and distinctive squeak when his belly is squeezed.
Prospective customers are being advised to visit Comparethemeerkat.com to find out when exactly the toys go on sale.
Aleksandr Orlov said: "Please make welcomes for new handsome Aleksandr action toy in box.
"Sergei have pricked paws many time to make sure cravat design is just right.
"Now peoples can have physical reminder that I compare meerkats only. Luxurious toy will appear in Harrods, run by good business friend Mr Al Fayed."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Senior Planner c£65k + bens Direct Recruitment c£65k + bens. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Strategist - 40k + bens Direct Recruitment 40k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7