Meerkat turned into £19.95 talking toy in Harrods
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 19 October 2009 12:00PM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com's meerkat star Aleksandr Orlov will be on sale exclusively in Harrods in early December as a £19.95 talking toy.
Each sale of the toy includes a donation of £4.34 plus VAT to London Zoo charity ZSL.
The toy Aleksander will say his "Simples" catchphrase and distinctive squeak when his belly is squeezed.
Prospective customers are being advised to visit Comparethemeerkat.com to find out when exactly the toys go on sale.
Aleksandr Orlov said: "Please make welcomes for new handsome Aleksandr action toy in box.
"Sergei have pricked paws many time to make sure cravat design is just right.
"Now peoples can have physical reminder that I compare meerkats only. Luxurious toy will appear in Harrods, run by good business friend Mr Al Fayed."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Innovations and Insights Director Hasson Associates £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Data Planner - Leading CRM Agency - Temp to Perm (Immediate Start) - to £250 per day Fill Recruitment £180 to £250 per day + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect £28,000 - £31,000 plus benefits, West Yorkshire
- Strategist - Brand Consultancy Ann Sharman Recruitment £35,000 - £45,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - West Sussex - up to £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, West Malling
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad