Meerkat turned into £19.95 talking toy in Harrods
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 19 October 2009 12:00PM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com's meerkat star Aleksandr Orlov will be on sale exclusively in Harrods in early December as a £19.95 talking toy.
Each sale of the toy includes a donation of £4.34 plus VAT to London Zoo charity ZSL.
The toy Aleksander will say his "Simples" catchphrase and distinctive squeak when his belly is squeezed.
Prospective customers are being advised to visit Comparethemeerkat.com to find out when exactly the toys go on sale.
Aleksandr Orlov said: "Please make welcomes for new handsome Aleksandr action toy in box.
"Sergei have pricked paws many time to make sure cravat design is just right.
"Now peoples can have physical reminder that I compare meerkats only. Luxurious toy will appear in Harrods, run by good business friend Mr Al Fayed."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Planning Manager (SAS) Direct Recruitment £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB