Meerkat turned into £19.95 talking toy in Harrods
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 19 October 2009 12:00PM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com's meerkat star Aleksandr Orlov will be on sale exclusively in Harrods in early December as a £19.95 talking toy.
Each sale of the toy includes a donation of £4.34 plus VAT to London Zoo charity ZSL.
The toy Aleksander will say his "Simples" catchphrase and distinctive squeak when his belly is squeezed.
Prospective customers are being advised to visit Comparethemeerkat.com to find out when exactly the toys go on sale.
Aleksandr Orlov said: "Please make welcomes for new handsome Aleksandr action toy in box.
"Sergei have pricked paws many time to make sure cravat design is just right.
"Now peoples can have physical reminder that I compare meerkats only. Luxurious toy will appear in Harrods, run by good business friend Mr Al Fayed."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London