Customer's tweet inspires Air New Zealand ad campaign
By Jacquie Bowser, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 22 October 2009 10:20AM
LONDON - Air New Zealand has launched an ad campaign with a strapline inspired by a passenger's Twitter post that applauded the airline for "allowing its staff to have a personality".
The digital outdoor and online campaign, created by integrated ad agency Albion, features the strapline "Personality Allowed".
Albion said that while sourcing creative ideas for the airline's campaign, it came across a tweet by a customer who had just flown with Air New Zealand.
The tweet said: "Just flown Air New Zealand from LHR to LAX. Best airline I've experienced. Food & IFE great. Staff allowed to have a personality."
The agency provided this copy of the tweet, written by Tim Benjamin in June.
Air New Zealand is said to trust its crew members to uphold the firm's brand and service values without forcing them to comply with onerous rules, which allows them to "have a personality".
Tim Benjamin's tweet now forms the foundation of Air New Zealand's latest brand campaign, which features a selection of real Air New Zealand crew members showing their personality.
The online executions in rich video and standard formats showcase the crew's personal opinions of the onboard product (such as food, wine and entertainment), and their recommendations for LA and New Zealand.
Air New Zealand hired Albion to its £2m creative account in April last year after a four-way pitch against Adam & Eve, Publicis and Farm.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Comms Manager - Leading Alcohol Brand at Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Head of Design Network Career Consultants £50000 - £58000 per annum, Manchester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned