Channel 4's Kevin Lygo is highest-paid public sector worker
By Jacquie Bowser, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 02 November 2009 09:05AM
LONDON - Kevin Lygo, Channel 4's director of programmes, earned £1.14m last year, making him the highest paid public sector worker in the UK, according to new figures.
Lygo was paid a salary of £773,000, plus £12,000 in benefits and a bonus of £350,000 in the 2008/2009 financial year, according to figures obtained by ITV1's 'Tonight' programme.
Channel 4's chairman Luke Johnson told 'Tonight' that Lygo had volunteered to take a pay cut.
Johnson said: "Last year's total income for [Lygo] included a long-term incentive plan, which was a bonus spread over several years all payable in one year."
The Royal Mail's chief executive Adam Crozier was second on the list, earning £995,000.
Crozier was paid a salary of £633,000, a bonus of £139,000, £17,000 in benefits and a £206,000 cash supplement in place of a pension payment.
The third highest paid public sector worker was Iain Coucher, Network Rail's chief executive, earning £830,000.
The 'Tonight' programme, this week titled 'I'm Paid More than the PM', is on ITV1 at 8pm tonight.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Midweight Designer Purple Consultancy £250 per day, London
- Campaign Account Executive Spotlight Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + 25 days hol, West End
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account