Guinness introduces new line and brings a world to life in latest ad
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 November 2009 08:00AM
Tonight sees the launch of the latest multimillion-pound extravaganza for Guinness created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
However, the ad, which is based around a world being brought to life, does not contain the "good things come to those who wait" line.
Instead, it introduces "bring it to life", which has been created to embrace off-trade sales and the growth in home drinking, which Guinness believes the former line didn't.
The work starts with an alchemist in a dark land that he is about to bring to life. It then cuts to a shot of a man setting off a rocket that explodes into the shape of a pint of Guinness.
There are then various shots of men creating new areas of the world such as an ocean, a forest and a waterfall.
The spot has lavish production values and the production team included the director Johnny Green, Grant Major, an Oscar-winning set designer on Lord of the Rings, and Wally Pfister, a director of photography who was nominated for an Oscar for his work on The Dark Knight.
Guinness has also teamed up with Google Earth to create an online world that users can help bring to life by creating their own terrain.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London