Carlson Marketing acquired by Nectar's Canadian owner
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 November 2009 04:40PM
LONDON - Carlson Marketing has been bought by Groupe Aeroplan, the Canadian owner of the Nectar loyalty programme in the UK, in an all-cash deal for $107 million.
The acquisition, from the hotel owner Carlson Companies, includes all Carlson Marketing’s agencies across 17 countries including the US, where it has its strongest presence with 11 offices including Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit and New York.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, it is headed by Jonathan Harman and has ten offices including London, Madrid, Dubai and Barcelona. Clients include Coca-Cola, Arla Foods and Hyundai. It also has offices in Asia and Latin America.
Groupe Aeroplan acquired Loyalty Management UK, the company behind Nectar, in 2007. After the acquisition, which is expcected to go through in December, Carlson Marketing will continue to work independently from Group Aeroplan and be led by its existing president and chief executive, Jeff Balagna.
"We look forward to joining forces with Groupe Aeroplan and significantly strengthening the scope of our loyalty marketing, program management, and engagement and event offering for customers, employees and distribution channels," Balagna said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- UX Designer JM Digital £400 - £425 per day, West London
- Account Director - Tech, Gaming & Automotive Clients - Salary £55K + Benefits Oxygen Recruitment Solutions Ltd £55,000 + Excellent Benefits , Greater London
- Research Director - New boutique Elizabeth Norman International £70000 - £90000 per annum + Generous benefits package , London
- Digital Senior Account Manager - Boutique Digital Agency - Central London - to £40k+ great benefits Fill Recruitment Ltd to £40k + great benefits, Central London