Scrabble social gaming campaign plays on national rivalry
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 09 November 2009 11:35AM
LONDON - Scrabble has launched a website that pits European rivals Belgium and The Netherlands against each other with players competing in quick Scrabble Battles.
The website was created by creative digital agency Marvellous for client Mattel and ties in with Facebook and Twitter.
Twitter followers of the competition will be sent regular open challenges to form the highest-scoring word from seven random letters within a time limit.
A Facebook app allows Belgian and Dutch players to take each other on, with scores available to be used in their status updates.
Scrabblebattle.com adds each player's score to their country profile, fueling the rivalry.
The contest will finish in early December with the top-scoring players going through to contest a face-to-face event in Antwerp, Belgium.
A spokesman for Marvellous said it was possible the contest could be replicated for the UK market.
According to Marvellous, Isobar NL was also involved in the project.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham