Scrabble social gaming campaign plays on national rivalry
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 09 November 2009 11:35AM
LONDON - Scrabble has launched a website that pits European rivals Belgium and The Netherlands against each other with players competing in quick Scrabble Battles.
The website was created by creative digital agency Marvellous for client Mattel and ties in with Facebook and Twitter.
Twitter followers of the competition will be sent regular open challenges to form the highest-scoring word from seven random letters within a time limit.
A Facebook app allows Belgian and Dutch players to take each other on, with scores available to be used in their status updates.
Scrabblebattle.com adds each player's score to their country profile, fueling the rivalry.
The contest will finish in early December with the top-scoring players going through to contest a face-to-face event in Antwerp, Belgium.
A spokesman for Marvellous said it was possible the contest could be replicated for the UK market.
According to Marvellous, Isobar NL was also involved in the project.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Brand & Content Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive, Acquisition - The Times & Sunday Times News UK Competitive, London
- Insight Business Partner News UK Competitive, City of London