Scrabble social gaming campaign plays on national rivalry
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 09 November 2009 11:35AM
LONDON - Scrabble has launched a website that pits European rivals Belgium and The Netherlands against each other with players competing in quick Scrabble Battles.
The website was created by creative digital agency Marvellous for client Mattel and ties in with Facebook and Twitter.
Twitter followers of the competition will be sent regular open challenges to form the highest-scoring word from seven random letters within a time limit.
A Facebook app allows Belgian and Dutch players to take each other on, with scores available to be used in their status updates.
Scrabblebattle.com adds each player's score to their country profile, fueling the rivalry.
The contest will finish in early December with the top-scoring players going through to contest a face-to-face event in Antwerp, Belgium.
A spokesman for Marvellous said it was possible the contest could be replicated for the UK market.
According to Marvellous, Isobar NL was also involved in the project.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Exec | Travel | £30k Salt £25000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Development Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£46K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits Package, London (Greater)
- Senior Shopper Insights Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£62K + Generous Car Allowance + Bonus, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South West England