Groupe Aeroplan appoints former PepsiCo marketer David Johnston
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 November 2009 02:25PM
LONDON - Groupe Aeroplan, the Canadian owner of the Nectar loyalty programme in the UK, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer David Johnston as president and CEO for Europe.
Johnston, who also joins as executive vice president for the group, will be responsible for Aeroplan's operations in Europe, including Nectar, taking up the position in January.
Johnston will also oversee operations of Rewards Management Middle East, the operator of Air Miles programs in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain.
Joining from Pepsico International, Johnston most recently held the position of general manager, Quaker Tropicana, UK, and previously vice president beverages marketing for Europe.
Last week Groupe Aeroplan acquired Carlson Marketing for $107m. Johnston's role however excludes leadership responsibility over the agency.
Johnston will also be responsible for LMG Insight & Communication, a customer-driven insight and data analytics business.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands