Groupe Aeroplan appoints former PepsiCo marketer David Johnston
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 November 2009 02:25PM
LONDON - Groupe Aeroplan, the Canadian owner of the Nectar loyalty programme in the UK, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer David Johnston as president and CEO for Europe.
Johnston, who also joins as executive vice president for the group, will be responsible for Aeroplan's operations in Europe, including Nectar, taking up the position in January.
Johnston will also oversee operations of Rewards Management Middle East, the operator of Air Miles programs in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain.
Joining from Pepsico International, Johnston most recently held the position of general manager, Quaker Tropicana, UK, and previously vice president beverages marketing for Europe.
Last week Groupe Aeroplan acquired Carlson Marketing for $107m. Johnston's role however excludes leadership responsibility over the agency.
Johnston will also be responsible for LMG Insight & Communication, a customer-driven insight and data analytics business.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot