Groupe Aeroplan appoints former PepsiCo marketer David Johnston
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 November 2009 02:25PM
LONDON - Groupe Aeroplan, the Canadian owner of the Nectar loyalty programme in the UK, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer David Johnston as president and CEO for Europe.
Johnston, who also joins as executive vice president for the group, will be responsible for Aeroplan's operations in Europe, including Nectar, taking up the position in January.
Johnston will also oversee operations of Rewards Management Middle East, the operator of Air Miles programs in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain.
Joining from Pepsico International, Johnston most recently held the position of general manager, Quaker Tropicana, UK, and previously vice president beverages marketing for Europe.
Last week Groupe Aeroplan acquired Carlson Marketing for $107m. Johnston's role however excludes leadership responsibility over the agency.
Johnston will also be responsible for LMG Insight & Communication, a customer-driven insight and data analytics business.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show