Daisley to drive display ad sales at YouTube
LONDON - Google's agency leader Bruce Daisley has been promoted to the position of leader for YouTube and display.
He fills a role previously occupied by Jonathan Gillespie, who left Google in January to become commercial director at GMG Radio, reporting to Google's director of UK sales Mark Howe. Daisley will head a team of about 12 staff.
Daisley joined Google in September last year. He previously worked at Bauer Consumer Media as digital sales director, but left in July 2008.
As agency leader, Daisley was responsible for Omnicom-owned agencies, such as OMD and PHD, as well as Unique Digital.
In his new position, Daisley will be responsible for leading the sales effort on YouTube's display advertising, as well as Google's Content Network.
As head of display for YouTube, he will now work with all agencies, as well as clients, for the first time. His previous job responsibilities will be dispersed among Google's agency teams.
Howe said: "Bruce will now be focused on making sure our products are being fully exploited by advertisers and agencies."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Strategist - CRM & Digital - c£70K - London digital advertising agency Ramsden Road c£70K plus bens and bonus, London (Greater)
- Direct Marketing & Social Media Manager FMCG Connect £30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits, Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot