Mumsnet lands second major scoop with live Cameron webchat
LONDON - The experience may have landed Gordon Brown with unwelcome 'Biscuitgate' dithering accusations, but that hasn't deterred the man widely viewed as the Prime Minister in waiting from entering the 'Dragon's Den' of the nation's mothering community.
Mumsnet, the parenting community site, is to host a live webchat with Conservative leader David Cameron tomorrow, Thursday 19 November from 1.45pm.
It is the second time in a month the site has held the country's leading politicians to account, having hosted a discussion with current Prime Minister Gordon Brown last month.
If the discussion that took place with Brown is anything to go by, Cameron will be in for a tough time with the Mumsnet crowd and face questions across the board, from bankers' bonuses and the BNP to the Tories stance on Europe.
Brown came under fire from some on the site for avoiding certain questions during his hour-long session, though with the rate at which he was bombarded with queries from members it was always going to be difficult.
Cameron will need to think as quickly as he can type if he is to avoid similar accusations of sidestepping difficult subjects in what will no doubt be a lively webchat.
Questions can be pre-posted on the site, which attracts in excess of 850,000 mothers every month, from today.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Event Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Marketing Director/Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum + dependent on experience , Potters Bar
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CREATIVE AGENCY - PRINT, DESIGN - £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum, West London