Allianz appoints Grey to £60 million global advertising account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 02:15PM
LONDON - Grey has won the £60 million global advertising account for the insurer Allianz Group.
The agency won the business following a final shoot-out against DDB Berlin.
BBDO, the incumbent on the account, and Young & Rubicam were knocked out of the process at an earlier stage.
The winning agencies will handle the insurance company's entire global ad business, but the initial briefs will have more of an emphasis on key European markets, including the UK, Germany and Spain.
The incumbent on the global creative account was BBDO Germany, while global media is handled by OMD, which took over the business in 2003.
No formal pitch took place at the time, but the account moved from Initiative Media Worldwide following a number of discussions that included Carat and Mindshare.
In May last year, Allianz appointed Joshua G2 as the lead UK strategic agency for its Cornhill Direct DM products following a four-way pitch against Archibald Ingall Stretton, DraftFCB and Tullo Marshall Warren.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Art Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Gre...
- Creative Team MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates