Allianz appoints Grey to £60 million global advertising account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 02:15PM
LONDON - Grey has won the £60 million global advertising account for the insurer Allianz Group.
The agency won the business following a final shoot-out against DDB Berlin.
BBDO, the incumbent on the account, and Young & Rubicam were knocked out of the process at an earlier stage.
The winning agencies will handle the insurance company's entire global ad business, but the initial briefs will have more of an emphasis on key European markets, including the UK, Germany and Spain.
The incumbent on the global creative account was BBDO Germany, while global media is handled by OMD, which took over the business in 2003.
No formal pitch took place at the time, but the account moved from Initiative Media Worldwide following a number of discussions that included Carat and Mindshare.
In May last year, Allianz appointed Joshua G2 as the lead UK strategic agency for its Cornhill Direct DM products following a four-way pitch against Archibald Ingall Stretton, DraftFCB and Tullo Marshall Warren.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Strategy Twist Recruitment £125000.00 - £140000.00 per annum + Great BIG Agency Benefits... , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Communications Boardman Competitive + Excellent Benefits, Worcestershire / Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment negotiable, Leicestershire
- Account Director Role x 2, Social Media AD and a Digital AD role, entertainment brand, £55k salary MODA consult up to £55k + excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign/ Account Manager - Fully Integrated Source £25000 - £32000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles