Dead polar bears star in hard-hitting environmental campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 November 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Danny Kleinman has directed a hard-hitting new cinema ad for the anti-aviation expansion group Plane Stupid, featuring dead polar bears falling from the sky past high-rise buildings.
The spot, created by Mother, aims to raise awareness of the carbon emissions associated with short-haul flights.
Opening on what at first appear to be unidentified objects descending from the heavens, the shot zooms in to reveal that the objects are in fact dead polar bears plummeting to the ground as a plane is heard overhead.
The 50-second ad ends by equating the 400kg of greenhouse gases produced per passenger on the average European flight to the weight of an adult polar bear.
The spot will be available to view from Friday at campaignlive.co.uk.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media