Dead polar bears star in hard-hitting environmental campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 November 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Danny Kleinman has directed a hard-hitting new cinema ad for the anti-aviation expansion group Plane Stupid, featuring dead polar bears falling from the sky past high-rise buildings.
The spot, created by Mother, aims to raise awareness of the carbon emissions associated with short-haul flights.
Opening on what at first appear to be unidentified objects descending from the heavens, the shot zooms in to reveal that the objects are in fact dead polar bears plummeting to the ground as a plane is heard overhead.
The 50-second ad ends by equating the 400kg of greenhouse gases produced per passenger on the average European flight to the weight of an adult polar bear.
The spot will be available to view from Friday at campaignlive.co.uk.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show