Dead polar bears star in hard-hitting environmental campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 November 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Danny Kleinman has directed a hard-hitting new cinema ad for the anti-aviation expansion group Plane Stupid, featuring dead polar bears falling from the sky past high-rise buildings.
The spot, created by Mother, aims to raise awareness of the carbon emissions associated with short-haul flights.
Opening on what at first appear to be unidentified objects descending from the heavens, the shot zooms in to reveal that the objects are in fact dead polar bears plummeting to the ground as a plane is heard overhead.
The 50-second ad ends by equating the 400kg of greenhouse gases produced per passenger on the average European flight to the weight of an adult polar bear.
The spot will be available to view from Friday at campaignlive.co.uk.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Traffic Assistant - 3 month FTC Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + pro rata, London
- International Digital Sales Executive - Flexible backgrounds! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote