Ford Ennals tipped for chief executive role at Digital Radio UK
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 19 November 2009 04:40PM
LONDON - Ford Ennals, ex-chief of TV digital switchover body Digital UK, is reported to be lined up to take the chief executive role of the new Digital Radio UK.
Digital Radio UK is being set up to pave the way for radio to be broadcast only on a digital platform. The industry has a target to be completely digital by 2015.
Headhunters Odgers Berndtson are leading the search for a candidate alongside Tim Davie, the BBC's director of audio and music, and Andrew Harrison, chief executive of the commercial radio trade body the RadioCentre.
Issues to be addressed by the new body will include where funding would come from, how digital platforms would be rolled out and to what time scale.
Ennals has previously worked for British Airways, Mars, Reebok, Lloyds TSB and Universal Music and Pictures. He joined Digital UK in 2005. He left to join Nike as its president of footwear and leather goods.
Lord Carter's Digital Britain report set a target for digital switchover of 2015 with 50% of all radio listening expected to be via a digital platform by 2013.
In the third quarter of this year 21.1% of all listening was on a digital platform. This includes listening through a computer, through DAB or through a digital TV set.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years