Microsoft and News Corp in talks over blocking Google
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 November 2009 09:53AM
LONDON - Microsoft and News Corp have had talks over a plan which could see the internet giant paying Rupert Murdoch's company to list news content on its search engine Bing.
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp announced last week that it was looking at pulling its news content off Google.
The Microsoft deal, reported by the FT, could spark a search engine battle and also offer hope to newspapers struggling to monetise online content.
Microsoft has also approached other online publishers in a bid to convince them to "de-index" their sites from Google, according to the report.
The move is being viewed as a direct assault on Google's search engine by Microsoft.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London