Agencies vie for TCP and Buttercup integrated accounts
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 November 2009 06:00AM
The company behind TCP and Buttercup has called a review of the brands' above-the-line accounts.
Chefaro UK, the brands' distributor in the UK, is looking for a creative agency to handle relaunch briefs on both brands.
Haystack is handling the review. Initial meetings are anticipated within the next two weeks and pitches are expected to be held in the New Year. It is thought that the winning agency will be briefed to create integrated campaigns, including TV, for both pieces of business.
If successful on those briefs, the winning agency will then have the chance to work on a number of other Chefaro UK brands. These include Lyclear, Predictor Pregnancy Test and Jungle Formula insect repellent.
The present incumbent is Austin West Media.
Buttercup's most famous ad appeared in 1996 and gave Simon Pegg, the British comedy actor and writer, his debut TV appearance as a man throwing a sickie while fishing but being interrupted by a dog, a cow and some ducks.
Chefaro UK is a division of Omega Pharma, a Belgianbased company with a turnover exceeding EUR1 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham