M&C Saatchi tops list of best newspaper ad nominations
By Jennifer Whitehead, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 30 November 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - M&C Saatchi's newspaper ads have been nominated for more Annas (Awards for National Newspaper Advertising) than any other agency, including three for its recent HP Sauce campaign, pushing it to the top of the league table in the run up to this year's event.
Saatchi was beaten to the title of the best newspaper ad in October by Krow's defaced pin-up execution for Fiat, which urged readers to forget that the Fiat 500 is a great looking piece of design and to concentrate on the many features within.
Leon Jaume, judge of the Awards for National Newspaper Advertising and executive creative director at WCRS, said that it was brave for Fiat to deface its own pin-up.
Jaume said: "It's a bold move, and because car ads are generally prone to be turgid, air-brushed and self-important it works very well."
At the same time as revealing the October winner, the Annas revealed the most nominated agencies of the past 12 months.
M&C Saatchi's six nominations make it the lead agency in the run up to this year's Annas, with October's eight nominated ads completing the list.
The full line-up includes 68 ads from 29 agencies, with the winners due to be revealed at the event on 27 January, 2010.
The full list of the most nominated agencies:
|Agency||No. of nominations|
|Wieden + Kennedy||5|
|Bartle Bogle Hegarty||4|
|Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy||4|
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30 - £38 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £37000 - £45000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Digital Account Manger Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Payments Solutions Strategy Manager Stopgap £45000 - £65000 per annum, City of London